Saturday, March 24, 2012

34 Weeks


Okay, so I'm a little late and I have no picture but I will explain in a few :)

Size of Baby: Aprox 18 inches long and weighs about 5 pounds.  We have another BPP Tuesday and this apt they will measure EK's weight.  

Total Weight Gain/Loss: Again, I forgot to delete this questions! 

Maternity Clothes: Yes!

Gender: Still a GIRL :) 

Movement: All the time!  

Belly Button: Still the same "hood-up" phase!

Interesting Facts: The central nervous system is maturing as well as the lungs!  If she were to come today she would probably have to spend a few days in the NICU but she would be a perfectly healthy baby!

Sleep: Almost non-existent but Ive been on bed rest now for two days so Ive been napping some too.

What I miss: I miss being able to wear my wedding rings and high heels!  I miss being able to spend all day outside.  I miss feeling normal.  BUT even with me missing all these things I would MUCH rather be pregnant and not be able to wear/do these things than to be able to and still want a baby in my tummy!  I'm a blessed momma!!!

What I am looking forward to: My appt Tuesday.  I just love getting to see EK and knowing everything is okay! 

Cravings/Aversions: Ocean Water from Sonic with extra ice!!!  Water, cheese crackers and anything sweet!

Symptoms: The same... Indigestion, exhaustion, aches.  But again I wouldn't change it for anything!

Best Moment This Week: Seeing Elli Kate swimming around.  

Weekly Wisdom: I'm fresh out!



So, Ive made it passed the point I did with TB!!!  Whoo-Hoo!!!!  Dr P said he was so proud of me :)  

Wednesday I started not feeling well.  I just brushed it off to the 9th month of pregnancy.  But then I started paying closer attention to why I wasn't feeling well and it kind of scared me.   I came home, went to bed, got up, went back to work and still felt like crap.  I called the dr Thursday and they wanted me to come straight in.  I got there and waited 400 mins.  Then I didn't even see a dr they sent me straight to L&D.  (Side note: I was sitting in the back waiting room and overheard Dr M call L&D and say he was sending over a patient for testing and he called out all the tests he wanted and then gave them the patients name... Brooke Payne.  I had not seen a nurse or a dr yet.  I was freaked!!!)  Once in L&D I was hooked up to the monitor, had an EKG done, lots of blood drawn and waited.  I got there around 4 and left around 8:30 on bed rest until Monday.  

So you are wanting to know how/why I wasn't feeling the same...  I have been having lots of really bad swelling!!!  Like Whoa!  I started having these "episodes" where I feel like my heart is going to pop out of my chest, I can't catch my breath and I get really hot and clammy.  My first thought was my blood pressure has gone up.  I check it and it was 138/83.  That is normal but for me it was high.  My blood pressure is never over 110/60.  I still just thought it could be my blood pressure and didn't think anything else about all the testing.  Well they checked my blood pressure every 20 mins and the highest it got was 120/80.  So, its not my blood pressure.  Dr M ordered an EKG because I had the feeling of my heart racing and beating out of my chest.  He asked Dr Lewis (who is my mom's cardiologist!) to read it and she said I was golden.  All my blood work came back within normal limits so the conclusion is my little bitty heart can't pump all the extra blood I have right now so it makes me feel that way.  Weird..?  YES!  That's me :)  Hopefully this will not effect EK at all and after I deliver it should all stop :)  I will meet with Dr P this Tuesday and hopefully we will have more answers.  

1 comment:

  1. I felt like that with Peyton!! Drove me crazy!! But as soon as I delivered him it stopped.

    ReplyDelete